Your life is an occasion. Rise to it. -From Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Monday, August 9, 2010

The day has come*

*Warning- the following post contains lots and lots and lots of talk of breastmilk


The day I thought would never come...did. I pulled the last three container of pumped breastmilk out of the freezer on Friday.
For those of you who know me well, know that I had quite an over-abundant supply for such a tiny little peanut! It was quite comical getting back-transported to PCMC from University Hospital and needing an extra stretcher just for my breastmilk! Don't get me wrong, I am very, very thankful but I never thought I would actually use ALL of it...but I did.
So now what? I have been nursing about 90% of his feeds and giving him 2 fortified bottles of milk a day, so either I start pumping to continue on plan A or go to plan B and just nurse 100% of the time. The thought of pumping makes me want to dry-heave...Blech! So plan B it is...maybe. :) As I also value the freedom that comes with a baby that will take a bottle. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tina! The instant I saw those containers I got a pit in my stomach. Unbelievable you are using the last of it. Abort plan A! Abort! At least that is my most humblest of suggestions. Don't keep pumping. Don't...do...it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...remember the smell of the pumping room. I might have to bomb that one day. I admire you for pumping....you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock...I am still so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete