Your life is an occasion. Rise to it. -From Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Show(men)

 So Handsome this one is!

 All contestants lining up for Ribbon ceremonies
Can I just start this post by saying how much I adore my Ryder?!  He is 8 going on 64 and LOVES life!  He aspires to be just like his dad and shoots for the moon every day.  Some of the things he is working on right now are 1) A book...hes writing about his life experiences as a cattleman. 2) His vision board...if you've never heard of one, Google it.  Every wish/dream goes on his. 3) His horses....getting them ready & in shape for next show season.  Which brings us to this post.  He entered his first show at the Eastern Idaho State Fair.  He was SO excited and did really well despite his horses acting like babies! They were whinnying for each other the whole time as they were in the arena at different times. *Sigh*  Nonetheless he did VERY well, taking 2nd place ribbon in a Walk/Trot class on "Junior" (the greyish horse), and a 4th place finish in Western Pleasure on "Chloe" (the brown one), despite all their shenanigans!  I was the proudest mom in the world!

P.S. Ridge also showed in a 6 & under Costume Lead line class and was so proud of himself....I think I took those pictures on Grandmas camera because I don't have em'.  Chase and I were married on our horses by the river and did a photo op afterwards with a Just Married sign clipped onto my horses tail and cans dragging...you get the picture right? So we recreated that for Ridges costume...he had a little wife on his horse and everything!

P.S.S. Chase also showed 2 horses in a Reining class and got 1st & 2nd place. Oh Snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment