Your life is an occasion. Rise to it. -From Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fair Week

I love the fair. The boys love the fair. Chase LOVES the fair! All responsibility goes out the window for fair week. I'm talking skipping work, skipping school, the house is a disaster by the end of the week, kind of love...that is how much we love the fair.

I have worked at a food booth at the fair for 8 years called Van's Diner. Some close family friends own it and I love to go and help out every year for a change of pace {fast pace!} This year was no exception! After my wonderful Labor Day Weekend Camping trip with some good friends from Utah {will blog about that later...} I spent Tuesday-Saturday working selling curly fries, deep-fried cheese curds, burgers, and paninis!

Every year, there is always some vendors that insist on selling the some crazy food concoction, and this year did not disappoint! Some of the most memorable were Chocolate-covered Bacon {I think I just threw up in my mouth...again.} Deep fried Snickers, Oreos, Twinkies, and Cheesecake....has anyone had a heart attack yet?! But all the buzz seemed to revolve around the "Bullseye Burger" what is so special about this particular burger you may be asking? Well let me tell you...It is a Bacon Cheeseburger with a donut for the bun. And I'm ashamed to say I ate one {well, part of one} and kind of liked it...Okay, I liked it alot! Don't judge Me! You know your wondering what it would taste like!

2 comments:

  1. Chet wants to know how many years you shaved off your life...jk! Wish I would have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry but a donut and bacon chz.....on my gosh....GROSS!!! Don't know what is worse, chocolate covered bacon or the donut burger! Glad you had a good week!!

    ReplyDelete