Your life is an occasion. Rise to it. -From Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Change of Plans

Wow...what a whirlwind the last few days have been! We are all home safe and sound. Our Utah trip had its ups and downs. We were supposed to go visit with friends (fellow NICU parents) and their sweet little flock in Heber....didn't quite work out. I am so bummed! Darn blizzards anyways! I ended up just making it to Ogden and staying with The Craguns an extra night. Thanks for that Chet and Abby!!!

Thanksgiving plans for us have changed as well. Chase and Ryder didn't get home until 7:00pm last night! We were supposed to go to Ancherie and Jeffs {Chase's sister and brother-in-law} in Boise, but with the weather, roads, time, and the fact that Chase has to haul another load of cows to California in the morning, it just didn't work out. Another let down.

But there is a silver lining in everything, and I am cooking Thanksgiving Dinner for my sweet little family at our home. I have NEVER cooked a turkey before...crazy, I know. So far, the bloopers have all been minor...I hope. I was told to make sure I take the little bag of giblets and neck out of the cavity.....Ummm, my turkey had no little bag of giblets....I don't think. I wouldn't reach in and check, but Chase did and found nothing. We even tag-teamed it and he held it open while I shone a flashlight inside...still no bag. So we stuffed it...

To be continued..................

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it home safe! What a crazy couple of days. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when you were shining a flashlight up a turkey! Too funny. What a sweet spontaneous little Thanksgiving. We'll catch up someday!

    ReplyDelete