Your life is an occasion. Rise to it. -From Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

7-ingredient Turkey Chili


I've never felt compelled to share a recipe before, but I have a pot of this stuff simmering on the stove and it is amazing....so good and good for you too! And who doesn't like a recipe that only has 7-ingredients!? You can thank me later :)

7-ingredient Turkey Chili
  • 1-2 lbs ground turkey (turkey burger) (The orginal recipe called for 2 lbs but I only had 1 lb thawed the first time I made it, and it was perfect for me so I've made it that way ever since.)
  • 1 lg onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
  • 1 small green pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
  • 2 TBS. Chili Powder
  • 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cumin
  • 3 1/2 cups V8 100% Vegetable Juice
  • 2 cans (15 oz each) Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
Cook the turkey, onion, green pepper, chili powder, and cumin in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the turkey is well-browned, stirring often. Add the Vegetable Juice and Kidney Beans and let simmer until flavors are well-blended.

I like to serve it with cornbread, just sayin'...

2 comments:

  1. sounds good! if we lived closer, i'd invite us over for dinner:) i love fluffy cornbread and honey with chili too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy for my tummy! I will have to try it. Sounds very good for a cold winter night with some cornbread!! Thanks for sharing! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete